I took this job during continuous round in 2014 and the interview was discussing past experience. It was essentially a walk-on job. My overall experience at the Ottawa branch left a lot to be desired of.
- Bug fixing for days with the occasional small feature
- Eventually got to do a proof-of-concept that led to a patent
- POC was fun to do
- Proof-of-concept likely scraped a few months after I left and patent was finalized
- At first, I had no mentor but was eventually (luckily) paired up with one
- Rarely got my code reviewed so I did not get as much constructive criticism as I hoped (POC only got design reviewed but not code)
- As an intern, you get to decide how much work you want to do
- Was able to go to the gym often
Literally no perks.